The solution to the failure of the external USB device
- The industrial computer can automatically identify the USB device, and it is normal to install the driver of the device, but after the driver is installed, it is found that the content of the device cannot be accessed, which is manifested in that the disk of the device cannot be found. symbol, the device cannot be used, etc.
- The industrial computer cannot automatically identify the USB device, the signal indicator in the USB device is not on or the state is abnormal, and even the USB device will make unusual sounds. For example, if the power supply of the hard disk of the USB interface is insufficient, it is often heard The abnormal sound of the hard disk "clicking".
- When the USB device is not connected, the industrial computer can start normally, but when the USB device is connected, the industrial computer cannot start normally, and an error message appears, such as the startup file cannot be found or the startup file is damaged, etc.
- The industrial computer can automatically identify the USB device, and the content in the USB device can also be accessed, but the access speed of the USB device is slow, and the USB device will suddenly have access errors when working for a long time, or the industrial computer has no reason. downtime occurs.
If the connection of the industrial computer to the USB device fails, the first thing to consider is whether the power supply for the industrial computer is insufficient. If it is caused by insufficient power supply of the USB device, the solution is as follows.
- External power supply method of industrial computer: If the mobile hard disk in the industrial computer rotates very fast, its working current has sometimes reached the 1A standard, and its power has exceeded double the normal power. It must be equipped with a separate external power supply to ensure the USB Device and OS stability.
- IPC interface replacement method: Nowadays, USB device manufacturers often provide several different connection interfaces for USB devices. Once the device cannot obtain enough power from the USB interface, it can also use other low-power interfaces to connect. This ensures that the USB device can be used normally.
- Power reduction method of industrial computer: Under normal circumstances, the power supply of each USB interface of the industrial computer is 0.5A. If the rated current of the USB device during normal operation exceeds this standard, the industrial computer will not be able to accurately identify the USB device. At this time, the only feasible way is to choose a USB device with low power, or choose a USB device with an independent power supply to ensure the normal operation of the USB device.